Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Last Month as NSF

My long awaited post is here..

So it's finally end of October. I thought it'd be a tough month, and yes I was right. Seemed to pass quite slowly but I was so occupied that I didn't really feel that way.
The most significant event was of course, Pre-ORD training/MP refresher course. I have to say, our batch's one is probably the easiest compared to the past few trainings.
+1, Stay out
+2, no live firing
+3 good progression in training schedule
+4 quite un-regimental

However, we did have probably the toughest 8K route march. IMO this 8K route march is tougher than normal and comparable to 16K RM in BMT. No joke. It is mainly due to the fact that we've not done outfield and route march since Apr last year so we were very much unconditioned. Being in Istana platoon and having a eat/sleep/stand schedule doesn't help either. Also, our 8K was not just a normal 8K march, it was modified as an "FBO challenge". There were quizzes and stations every 2K and ended with casevac around 7.5K mark. Man, the casevac portion was tough as hell. I don't know how the elite soldiers do this day in, day out. Anyway the 8K march was the last event of the training and everybody felt great to finally complete PreORD training. Nothing can stop us from ORD now!

After the PreORD training though, I still had 4 duties left to complete in one week. It's my fault I didn't plan my leave beforehand. But the 4 duties were ok, not tough at all.

The main story right now is my SIM application. So the long story was, I originally wanted to study psychology in a local Uni. I needed to get BBB/C but obviously I couldn't get it so I dropped the plans. Then I went to NS, uni plans stopped until last year end I decided to try for NTU Arts Design Media. I did a portfolio and applied, but guess it wasn't good enough. I was rejected. So reality was I had no choice but to go SIM. I read through the courses and psychology was still interesting but all the voices around was saying jobs are hard to find with bachelor in psychology. So I decided to go with the norm. If I couldn't study what I want then I'd study what was realistic. Something that could stabilize my future. So I checked the courses and Business Admin was the only viable option. It required only a basic A lvl cert and was the best course for A lvl flunks like me. I can choose something like Acct&finance or banking like what most poly guys do but the thought of facing math and numbers again was too horrifying. If I can I never want to do Math or science again. That was why I wanted to get in NTU ADM. So I decided to do up a better portfolio and try for 2012 intake again. I've managed to finish a piece of work then. Then there was PreORD training after-army talk. It made me re-think about what I want to do in my future. More recently I had a talk with Istana friend Jonathan and well, he said some things that made me re-think me decision.
I went through some thinking and decided to apply for psychology in SIM. Deep down I knew that the chances of getting in ADM even next year was highly improbably because I had no background and no resources. Then I chided myself for being so stupid to even think of doing business admin. Business? I never wanted to do business, what the hell. At the very least I have an interest in psychology and spiritually I always thought the voice in my head told me I'd make a good psychologist, or at least in similar fields. I am not saying I want to be a psychologist either. At least I'll not go into the clinical side, and I don't want to do couselling either. If possible I'll take the route to become a I/O psychologist or sports psychologist. But this route is long and tough, especially in Singapore. But I've decided, I rather study something I like and do well than take the general route and suffer again.
The last week of Oct I've been scrambling like a XINJIAO asking questions and reading up on private schools that offer psychology courses. I decided to apply for Bachelor in Science (psychology) at University of Wollongong (SIM). I'm glad that at least I know why I'm choosing this Uni and what the future lies and what I must sacrifice to do well.
And because the reg deadline for Jan intake is Oct 31. That's why I'm scrambling. Now, I've finally got everything done. I even went back to JJC to take my SGC (last to take, what the hell.) and also made a trip to MOE to get my O level statement. Now that I've gotten my endorsement tomorrow I'm going down first thing in the morning to apply. Now the only thing I fear is that they reject me. Because I only just hit the admission requirements. Good luck to me...

Anyway what a long post, and I think I've revealed way more than I should. Tired, it's time to rest.

(Yea,,,....FIVE duties to go. Feeling quite emo especially inside Istana guardroom because of the emotional attachments to that place. Maybe all those lao jiaos felt it too..but they certainly didn't show it. Well, most of them didn't show it. Ha ha, xin jiaos, when you actually miss the guardroom, you know you're gonna ORD soon. I'm walking around sometimes, can't sleep, just relishing the final moments before I leave...lol.
And of course, from 1 Nov food is being indented so the culture of going out to buy food is over. I wonder how the lao jiao feel about this haha...and MPEU's becoming stay in next year onwards...SAY U LUV IT XIN JIAOS...lol. This is damn bad...
If it's me I will feel damn emo too and btw it's so ridiculous because Istana can't work on stay in system, dumbasses! Don't know what them higher ups are thinking. Good luck to the xin jiaos, hang in there man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger