Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Laws of Nature...and Karma?

What a week!

I shall start off by saying this has been one of the most "happy" weeks in camp. I don't think I've laughed my ass off for such a long time!. A lot of things happened this week, some I can say are good, some just crap/shit, but all very memorable.

It didn't really get fun till mid week. Before tt, things were just back to normal. It was after MLM, and we were going full force on lectures and admin stuff. Just so much lectures...Finally we, as MP trainees arrived at the academic aspect of being a Military Policeman. All the Physical stuff were over. Now it was time to equip us with the rightful knowledge and powers to complete our transformation to full fledged MPs.

Ok, since we're at lectures, let me bring up this point first. And it's one of the most impactful events that happened throughout the course of the week. Guys, ya know, lectures = in aircon room SITTING DOWN doing nothing listening to lecture = have to EAT and EAT to stay awake = continuous EATING w/out any exercise. You know what that lead to, for me?

LIM PEI GAINED FOOKING 3 KG THIS WEEK!

FACTS, LET'S GET TO FACTS TO PICTURE THE SEVERITY OF THIS SITUATION.

  • I'M NOW AT 67.5KG, NEARING 68, A WEIGHT I'VE NEVER HIT FOR A LOOOONG TIME.
  • I'VE TRANSITED BACK TO EATING HIT PORTIONS AND JUNK FOOD AND NOT FEELING GUILTY.
  • I'M NOT WORKING OUT AS MUCH.
Wow! Just wow. And to think the past few weeks I've been trying to cut back to 63kg. And I was so confident I could do it. Ah...my physical fitness is just crap now. Even I have been infected by the "Grow Fat in MP command" disease, or whatever it is. Bah. I'm not gonna start some false motivation or ultimatum that I MUST start cutting weight now cos' deep down I know it won't work anymore. Not at least till' I'm over this course. Srsly, I don't know how things will pan out man. I'm just gonna take things step by step, try to slim down, and hopefully just hit back to 65kg.

Ok, next. So another incident which lead to another travestic situation that happen this week was the fact that I "Geh Kiang". Here's what happened. So we were supposed to have our first Stand by BED in MP command. Then I volunteered to be I/C since all of us forgot who was supposed to be I/C that day. I fucking regret it. So I was standing outside the bunk ready for inspection when the 3SG suddenly called for the whole company to go down fall in in 3mins. Everyone, everything suddenly became rushed. So I cheonged down, thinking that cupboards should be opened, since I was on the impression that they wanted to check our cupboards without us there. Then, when we were downstairs, suddenly the 3SG called for me, as I didn't lock my god damn cupboard! Only me! I was srsly, stunned. Wtf, really.

This resulted in punishment, obviously. Did you remember last post I said we were confirm going to get nights out? My guess what spot on. But HOW IRONICALLY, I was denied it. That was my punishment. For this little incident, for something I wasn't even aware of, I was denied the NO. Only I knew how it felt to see all my friends go enjoy while I and a few others stayed back for extra duties.

So I could only do what every SAF personnel does best: SUCK THUMB.

...But the week wasn't all doom and gloom. I had a lot of fun and laughter with my crazy section ppl...esp looking at all the JC yearbooks. Wah... shiok sia...got ACJC, SAJC, SRJC etc etc. My boots are getting more and more recognition, so much that I've become kinda sick n tired of ppl coming up to ask me how to polish boots. Guess having the most shinest boots in the company also comes with a price. But at least I'm called the "Boots master". =P

Yea, and also, during my extra duties in camp (While the rest having NO), some of my sectionmates bought me Fast food. Cheese burger, onion rings, nuggets...I was of course happy, but more so, I was sincerely touched by this act of kindness or whatever you call it. I never expected them to be so damn nice. This proved a lot. Most importantly, it spurred a thought in me: Could they be the next clique I hang out with? My "Brothers"?

I could write a whole post of my bonding with my new section mates but it would take a while. But generally, my first impressions of them and my impression of them now is totally different. This bunch of guys are really good to hang out with.

Ok, moving on, I'm quite glad that I completed a 6.5km run during one of the nights. It's one of those days that I really felt like running all my stress and problems off, you know? Fking nice run.

Then...come to Thurs, I was caught AGAIN for not shaving. LOL...lucky it was only minor punishment given. MAN, MP IS SO STRICT >.<

Finally, today was quite special. We had a Military Law test with a outrageously high passing mark. It was quite ok, but I still failed one the first attempt, like most. However I killed it with almost 100% on 2nd try, so quite satisfied. Then, we had a interesting visit the Detention Baracks, or DB. We got to actually enter into the prison cells and SEE the detainees and the cells itself. I was like, "Damn, MP is shiok, how many ppl could actually get to go in DB and visit without committing any Military offence?" It was a very eye opening experience for all. But still, I don't really want to be posted to DB. It just...not my type of job.

So this was basically what happened this week!. Lots of stuff, as I said, ups and downs, left turns, right turns, wrong turns, but finally I made it safe and sound to enjoy the weekend.

But.

There's ALWAYS a BUT.

I tio Guard Duty this week.

"It's a Bittersweet...Symphony..."

***Edited. Guess I'm not so Godly after all. Forgot bout the portion on Cohesion. Have to note it down. The games itself was dumb, but the buffet was quite shiok. Then we also had a movie screening to accompany it. That is the LIFE man....

If you realised what I ate dis week. Fast Food. Prata. Snacks. Buffet. Wow. No wonder I gained 3kg. *Dies*..........

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger