Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Breakthrough!

Finally, finally FINALLY, I've done my first 10K since my ITB injury!

It was tough as hell, but I managed to push through the mental barrier. I may not be in form now, but slowly and surely I'm reaching there.

The conclusion from this is run very positive. No nagging pain, my ITB did not flare up (thanks to my forefoot strike and IT strap) and I'm slowly building up the mileage. Right now all that can stop me now is the limitations due to my ITB problem but I'm confident if I do the right things, I can manage it well.

It was a very enjoyable run too. I changed the route to Chinese Gardens/Jurong Lake/Japanese Gardens and it paid off. Loads of scenery, plenty of runners -- it was 100% moral boost man. And listening to radio helps too. It feels damn good to be running again, for real.

July looms ahead...why do I say that?

The damn duties with my new section...it's gonna be ... URGH.

Countdown to ORD -- 5 months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger