Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Joining in the commotion

Aw man I spent $110 today on Pokemon White and StanChart FM. And I'm gonna spent $70 more for the nintendo DS later.

Planned to queue for the $800 goodie bag yesterday night (first 100 registrants only) but oh my gosh are Singaporeans Kiasu. Originally I had intended to reach around 10pm but word had it that the queue already met 100 by 7pm!! Crazy man. And news reported that the first person in line started queuing at 11am yesterday WHAT the hell! I totally had no chance. So instead I wanted to try for the $400 voucher (101-1000th registrant) but guess what, I woke up too late. In the end I gave up. But I am helluva relived to know that the actual contents of the goodie bag sucked. It is really something to LOL and right smack a tight slap in the face of those who queued up overnight and faced the unforgiving rain and dirt.

Despite not being eligible for the freebie I decided to join in the official launch anyway. Made my way to Qishan @ Far East Shopping Centre to hoot my Pokemon White version (...Finally) at only $40. I guess if we total the transport fees it's still around $45 (?) but who cares. After tearing the wrap unceremoniously like a vulture I quickly ply out the cartridge and STARTED cheonging.

Then I made my way to raffles place. Out the exit, WHAM* I was greeted by hundreds of people organised into a long stretch of seemingly endless line. Out I went, tracing the line to the last person. Of course, along the way I get diao-ed by different kinds of people but that's just how runner's check other runner's out. But wow, was the queue long. It basically stretched from the inner and outer circumference of the CBD in a maze-like pattern. Finally, I found the last guy after walking like 5 minutes later and joined in the wait...

Had I known I would have to wait almost THREE hours the register...I might not have queue up. Or I might have. But I must register this year, so in the end the wait is worth it. I got a slot YEA. The wait was long man. But luckily for most of the time I was busy cheonging my newly bought Pokemon White like a xin jiao! That almost distracted me from the blistering hot sun. Almost. But when I reached the last few hundred people the freaking DS battery went flat on me and I basically had to endure the heat and wait for around a good 1 hour with no entertainment. Thankfully, as we near the application booths things got better as we were handed out some freebies and THIS I must mention -- 100 PLUS drink!!! Wow I was freaking dying of thirst out there standing under the sun for hours and I'm sure the others feel the same too and PROPS to StanChart organisers for being thoughtful enough to put "100 plus boys" to roam around and give us free 100 Plus! And it was chilled somemore! I believe this is the first time I've actually seen muscular men wearing 100 plus skin tight shirts, carrying a mini 100PLUS water tank (backpack style) and flushing out 100 plus from a hose connected to the tank itself! It is a very creative concept and visually appealing. Anyway, I kept on refilling and the sight of me gulping down the drink greedily is quite awkward but I was T-H-I-R-S-T-Y. Thumbs up for the well organisation.

Ok so I managed to reach home at 5pm but "our time is running out", like Muse's lyrics. Gotta book in early for SAF Day rehearsal tomorrow...so yea, I'm heading for dinner now.

It was a good day!

QOTD: "It gets better as we get nearer" --random guy from the queue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger