Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Reaching full throttle

I am certainly looking forward to joining races again. Now that I've gotten my ITB strap, I feel somewhat empowered to run again. Today's trip to velocity was definitely helpful because I managed to find the Cho-Pat ITB strap ($19.90) @ Running Lab. It wasn't the one I was looking for but this looked quite reputable also and anyway these straps all function the same so I just got it without hesitation.


So now the engine's on all the way, unless my ITB acts up, which is a scenario I don't want to entertain or even think of ANYMORE. Because I know, if I do my stretches, and I run with correct form, and I wear my ITB strap, my runs will (hopefully) go on smoothly from now on. If not, I think I'll be damn sad.

Anyway, there are only 2 must-join races for the rest of the year which is AHM and Stan Chart. Especially Stan Chart. I must do my 2nd FM this year. How coincidental, last year June I started taking up running as a sport. Now one year later, I am re-starting, coming back from a injury. It's hard to stop running because you're injured, but even harder to come back from an injury. But like how they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so just train hard and hopefully we can see some positive results again.

Full gear on Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger