Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Friday, June 3, 2011

Twist, you lame Gook

First of all, a totally unexpected piece of good news. In a long time. I don't need to do MPIA for tomorrow YEA.

Seems like staff wanted to use duty personnel instead, don't know why, but I don't care cos' now the situation totally changes. From having to leave 2pm tomorrow, to 8 hours free...OMG perfect. 8 whole hours -- I can do some many things.

I DID run today, with little motivation or aim, and clocked 7K. Of course I said I was going to do 10K but come to think of it, my calves were still hurting so I'd rather take it slow and steady instead of committing the same mistakes again. All for the long run...

So a bit on the running itself; it seems forefoot strike really is the better way to run. Oh, I forgot to mention, my ITB did not act up today and I believe it may really be due to a better stride. I used my supernova today, and I don't know how it's affecting my gait and form. But I will be getting Newtons and doing a comparison, to see if shoes really matter. Once again I went slow but right now it is crucial I go slowly and progressively increase distance instead of trying to fly back to my peak, which is quite dumb. My aim now is really to be able to do half marathon distance (21K) at LSD pace without much stopping and without ITB acting up.

It may be a waste of time, but I'm heading to velocity tomorrow to see if I can find the patt strap. If not I might have to get it online, which is damn troublesome...

QOTD: Keep hope alive... --Russell Hantz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger