Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Sunday, May 29, 2011

In a dreamy, sleepy land

Well, I went for the Sundown Marathon after all. Did not participate, but went there as a supporter for my friends but more importantly, the watch the champions league final. Which Man Utd lost. Don't really want to recap on it, they got owned by the best team in the world now.

Anyway to say that experiencing the whole Sundown marathon fiesta really got me fired up again is an understatement. I actually felt uncomfortable and out of place being their as a mere supporter and not running. Great man, I have the motivation to run again. So it's running for me, after all.

But how do I overcome this freaking ITB problem? I guess for starters I am going to totally change my way of running and embrace this 'Newton Running' orforefoot strike. The explanation for forefoot strike is sensible, and I really believe it can bring me to the next level, injury free. Heel striking caused my ITB, coupled with my excessive training and over striding, I have no doubt.

I don't know or care if my ITB will heal soon enough, but I will register for Stan Chart anyway. I'm not going to miss it for the world, and if my ITB strike, I will still force myself to walk finish. But really, my ultimate aim is to run fast again. To beat my peers. Right now, seems like they are improving fast! A few of them just ran at Sundown FM/HM with great timings and one even beat my 5:04 by 56 secs!! So for my running buddies, they are definitely catching up. Which means I have to turn up the gas and work even harder to recover and improve my overall form.

Is the Four Hour marathon possible this year on SCSM 2011? Or will I crumble yet again? The next few months will be indicative. We'll see.

On another note, screw the whole uni application and my 'future' my now. I don't have to unnecessarily stress myself. I will think about it, but I don't like blogging about my studies and my 'future' etc.

Please let me RUN..!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger