Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Leave-Off Combo STARTS!

Let's see...

Thur (L), Fri (Off), Sat (D), Sun (L), Mon (L), Mon (Off), Tue (PH), Wed (Off?)

Chain broken on Saturday but it's ok since I'm repaying duty. It's only one day, and I'll take it as a rest day for SALOMON X TRAIL RACE on Sunday! Yes, though I've never update much but I'm still looking forward to this. First trail run, no worries about timing or whatsoever as I just want to experience trail running. 

Following our Pre-marathon plans, tomorrow is going to be a BIG day for a LONG run. Really LONG. I am almost shitting brix thinking now...

THIRTY-THREE (33) KILOMETRES. 

*Gulps*.

Insane to the average and people who don't understand, but a necessity for runner's who are doing their final preparation for the marathon. It's like taking prelims, you know? Seriously I don't even know if I can walk the distance. Sure, I've gone long but not this long before..! 

But yea, 10K seemed impossible to me 10 months ago. 

21K seemed impossible to me 3 months ago. 

28K seemed impossible to me 10 days ago. 

However, there's something different this time. Have you heard about the legendary 30K mark? That humans can only store glycogen enough to sustain for 30K? Beyond which runners will experience such fatigue that they either can't carry on or lose control of their body, thereby "HITTING THE WALL"

I am going to do this. I am going to experience this. I am scared, but I am not backing out. There's no time for childish acts like giving up anymore. And failure is unacceptable. (UNLESS AND ONLY IF, IT RAINS TO THE POINT I CAN'T CARRY ON WITHOUT RISKING MY HEALTH). I am doing this man!

The route is easy, home to pioneer, pioneer to outram park interchange following the MRT tracks, to Fort Canning park, orchard, BY PAST ISTANA on purpose, before ending at City Hall Interchange and taking 51 Home. Ideally, this is what should happen. But I can't forsee any crap hindering me from completing tomorrow. 

Looking forward to the delicious CLIF Peanut Butter Energy Bar tomorrow! 

*Btw*

I may sign 3 extra duties for wearing watch during the 72 man guard-of-honour. Elaborate more next time. I keep telling myself : I-am-not-sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger