Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Welcome to MPEU.."

This sucks. This really sucks.

I don't know if this happens to you guys a lot, but I got my first hand experience of "expecting the unexpected" on my first day in MPEU. So we had a safety talk in the morning before going to our new units...the programme was just scheduled for the whole day, latest till evening? Mainly just listened to the CSM talk cok until it was book out time...around 5pm. So damn happy...finally can book out le...one whole day wasted sia...THEN SUDDENLY THIS HAPPENED.

"Those whose names are called, pls acknowledge. Blah...blah..blah...(My name)...Blah.... Ok. Those names I just read out, you guys have to do GUARD DUTY TONIGHT." I WAS LIKE "WAD THE HELL IS GOING ON IS THIS A PRANK? HUH?" NOT JUST ME, EVERYONE STUNNED TIO. HOW THE FK ARE WE GONNA DO DUTY, WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT IT, DIDN'T EVEN BRING ANY LBV, ID TAG, FAD ETC? IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE, TO PULL PEOPLE LAST MINUTE FOR DUTY?

....Fark man...srsly. You know what's the worst feeling. The worst feeling, is that we don't even have a SAY in this. We can't do NOTHING about it! Except just follow the regimental orders, and sucks thumb and DO. Dirty, smelly, haven't bath, haven't eaten dinner, not expecting this, demoralised, depressed. *Shakes head even thinking of it now.*

Yea, and I won't forget what the 2SG said to us, after seeing us all SIAN DIAO and pissed off. "Welcome to MPEU...." All the guard duty shall be thrown to us! One thing I learnt today. MPEU = Doing duty for your own home i.e. Mowbray camp. Others posted to Gombak, etc right? Then who to guard MP camp? Non other than us, MPEU guys...

LUCKY, there was positives about this. I was in the first group, meaning that after my 12hrs shift, which was until today morning btw, I could fuk off le. That meant ultimately, FOUR days of uninterrupted leave/freedom. It would have been worst if I kena like today, or tomorrow, or saturday. Go home enjoy leave but still have to come back do duty. HENG KA LAO SAI I THINK I AM.

So now that I've already done my duty, THURS (Today), FRI, SAT, SUN is ALL MINE~~~!!! Except if called up for emergency ops, of course.

Ahh...looks like my first job as part of LECC is to do duty for NDP. Rehearsal will be coming fast and furious...Hope it will be fun and enriching though.

I've to get some sleep now, been cheonging internet since I came back, now it's already 4pm. See ya.

QOTD: He who laughs last, laughs most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger