Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to expensive living!

Reached home around 11pm yesterday night. The trip home took much longer than I was told. Which sucks. Anyway, the KL trip was quite enjoyable, though it would have been better to stay there longer. There was so much things we did not do there, like the theme park, the entertainment facilities, sunway lagoon, more shopping, etc. 

And of course there was the Nike City 10K KL race. I will have an elaborate review up maybe this friday, when my company is rewarded FREE one day off! Overall, I had a bad experience. The most prominent thing was the terribly polluted air that filled the route. Maybe it's been like that all the while, but I am definitely not used to it. I had problems trying to breath and adapt to the dirty air and was on the verge of shutting down at the mere 3K mark. That was how terrible things was. Somehow, I had to dig in deep and push myself to finish the race. My official timing is 50:23, which is okay, but I'm quite disappointed. I should add that I was feeling a bit unwell with my cough, which may have affected my performance even more. Well, at least the SHIRT is quite NICE! 

As usual, fun times do not last and we always hit the tough times too soon. For me, I'm sad; I'm going to have to mount tomorrow and thursday. =( It's hard to STAND after not standing for so long. Somemore I've got to do two consecutive days. =( 

And I haven't even recovered from my post-trip syndrome yet...my mind is still living in Genting Highlands and the shiok 16 degrees cold...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger