Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Thursday, September 23, 2010

14 Days to Paradise~

Working hard, running a lot these days. Self clocking mileage in addition to CPFA is not easy, but I'm getting the hang of it. As I've said, duty days will be my resting time so for the rest of the days I'll just have to suck it up. 

After all, I will be able to enjoy to the max during my upcoming planned 4 days off+leave! Hopefully no duty on that Fri so that I can take off before my leave on Sat to Mon. 

Finally did another 13k yesterday, after a long slumber. The Kent Ridge park-Mount Fbr via Alexandra Arch is no joke man, there are a lot of hills and inclines. I admit, I found yesterday's run to be very tiring. Hope that it does the job of familiarizing my legs to the punishing demands of hills. 

Hooted some New Balance apparels at the warehouse sales too! The best buy was the XStatic running singlet, which was only for $25; original price $62!. Ahh yes, and took a venture into Funan's 'Running Lab' to have a consultation about my feet type/running style. To my shock, I actually required Stability shoes instead of the neutrals which I've always thought was the best for me! It was due to my arch bending too much when I run. Phew, luckily I realise now if not I would've bought the wrong pair of shoes again. 

So after much research, I think I'll go with Asics Gel 1150 for it's affordabilty, reputation and comparatively light weight. 11 Oz for a stability shoe is not bad. 










Tomorrow is Saturday, which means I'm on duty. Time to rest! I've got a 5K Nike Training Run scheduled on Sunday, which I'm looking forward to. Let's see what goes on in a training run...

QOTD: (         ) can't remember everything, but never forgets to remember. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger