Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Friday, September 10, 2010

Istana Open House!

Before I commence, allow me to say just one word. 

DISAPPOINTING.

Just could not even bother. There are many kinds of F***ed up friends in this world, but you'd agree with me wholeheartedly that those kind that back out last minute on their word sucks the most. I've got nothing more to say. 

Anyway, let's not dampen the mood too much, I SHOULD BE SUPER HAPPY now. Let's see, for the month of Sep, my 'Hell weeks' are already over, and now I can just clear my offs! I've already done so, from tonight to Tue, meaning Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue I'm free, free as a drunk bird, I tell you! Finally, this is truly the meaning of, "先苦后甜", Yea!!!

I LOVE IT, it feels so much better when you can enjoy so many days off after a crammed duty schedule. I am going to enjoy myself until I go mad!!! 

Today was the much anticipated Open House. Many mixed feelings, but in the end, I think that it's pretty fun, satisfying and tough all at the same time. Those who've never done this can only imagine what it feels like to stand there for 70 mins (x3) straight without ANY movement, while all the cameras are flashing at you non-stop. You get all sorts of reactions, and you see all types of people. Some comment on this, some comment on that, some ponder if you are real human or statue, some scrutinize your turnout, some come to "Ka Jiao" you, especially kids, some tries their best to force a response out of you, some stare at you as if you are an alien, some make fun of you, the list is endless. In essence, we are just mannequins there to 'represent' the SAF, and of course, to let them take a picture with. 

Sad this is, that is what we are to the public. Just lifeless mannequins. Only us Istana Guards know how it feels like to be unable to do anything when you want to do everything. 

Other than that, it was a good experience. So many pictures are taken with me, I wonder if it's possible to find any of them online? Especially the ones with the cute girls. 

I am burnt out right now. My planned night run is cancelled. 

Tomorrow will be hitting the Gym (last few sessions before I get my weights) early. If I can include a slow run, I will. But tomorrow is supposed to be the 'rest day' for AHM on Sunday. Ah, how could I forget, AHM. From how my body feels now, I am starting to doubt whether I can achieve my target of sub-50mins. Only time will tell. 

Back to the first sentence. The one word I want to say today. 

DISAPPOINTING.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger