Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Army Half Marathon 2010

I feel like shitting now, srsly. 

So let's summarize things up. 

The most prominent thing I learnt today. You can never run a personal best if you don't start in front. I mean, the crowd was INSANE. OVERTAKING WAS SUCH A CHORE. All kinds of people blocking your route, and the sad thing was, I didn't get my best timing NOT because of my physical limit, but because I couldn't do my best. There were just too many people and it was so freaking squeezy you literally had to nudge and tacticalize your way through the mass of runners. Crazy man! 

Since there's no race bib for 10k runners, I took my own timing. 51:25 min. I am so tired of being angry over the fact that I could have easily broken 50 min if not for the damn crowd, that I will not comment anymore. 

But now I know, the pace for a sub-50min timing. 

Haix. Now we must factor in luck and running size into what constitutes to an individual's personal best. On race day, if you don't start in front, and there's a HUGE no. of participants, especially those slow runnners, you will suffer. No way in hell you will reach your best timing. This, sadly, I learnt today. 

But the experience is great! The atmosphere, the crowd, the spirit of the marathon. And of course to overtake many OCS cadets is also a plus point. It was motivating to run with some 10k runners. Let's see some pix!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger