Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time to $AVE UP!

If there's any time to admit to myself that I've been over-spending, it would be now! I have been using my September pay so quickly that now, my painstakingly well kept '$1000' balance has been tarnished. Some of the money was for necessary spending, the rest of it mostly on new running equipment. Let's see, $180 on the wasted contacts, $50 on New Balance apparels, $40 on M'sia lodging, another $100 on the Mizuno trainers...and not to forget all the travel, food, gym expenses...yea, no wonder my mediocre monthly pay of $500 isn't enough for me to save up.

*Watching Bolton-ManUtd*

And don't even get me started on the contacts. I am angered enough already. 

Let's continue logging our Race training, then. *Bolton scores again argh!!*

Completed 21k this afternoon. Today's aim was just to clock mileage, so I went relatively slow. I wouldn't have been able to do 21k at race pace anyway. Besides, the sun was BURNING today, OH my god! It was ridiculous. The temperature in Singapore sucks people, it really does.

But I'm glad I finished without any cramps or any other significant pains, unlike last time (Remember the hellish virgin 24k?). I actually took the timing, to be honest, and it should be around 2hours10minutes. Not bad for such a slow jog, and also taking into consideration the weather. If I can run comfortably for 21k and still clock 2hours10minutes, then I guess breaking 2hours for a real half marathon shouldn't be a problem. *Owen levels things up!!!*

Oh and not forgetting the Mizuno Trainers I ran with. One thing I didn't appreciate was the fact that the US10.5 was the same size as my Adi US11. I really wanted smaller shoes this time. Good thing was it did feel lighter, and I had no problems covering mileage with this baby. Looks like a great steal, at only $100!

Anyway, I have to save up from now, there are still some merchandise I wanna hoot but not with my bank balance anymore. 

Going to book in soon!

Countdown to KL race: 13 days.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger