Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Monday, September 20, 2010

Pushing through the Pain.

Absolutely no inspiration to blog recently. It seems that life, after the recent AHM and NQR, has gotten boring again. There is nothing to look forward to, nothing to be excited about. And it doesn't end here. The demanding strings of parades and duties are going to hit again. And this time, they will hit hard. I just recieved news that I would be doing 24 man, 72 man AND Change of Guards. That's 3 out of 4 parades scheduled. Haix. Truth is, even though time inside MPEU seems to have past, and already another new batch has posted in, we are still the 'newcomers' until they get their platoon postings. I guess this hectic life won't end until maybe Feb/Mar, when the next two or three more batches come in. Then we can throw the parades to them. =)

And working with such limited time is challenging. It is harder and harder for me to squeeze in training runs into my daily routine. I won't have time to run if I do duty. I only be left with half the energy if I run on a PM off. That means my distance runs can only be done if I take a full day, realistically speaking. And I haven't done past 10k for God knows how long. It's tough man. Yes, CPFA does help, but 4.8k runs aren't what I am looking for now. I need mileage. Desperately so, as time is ticking away fast. 

But I am trying to see if I can tackle this problem. First step is to build a schedule on my calender so as to organize things properly, ie, duty days, training days, which day would be strategically advantageous to take full day OFF, etc. I have a plan until end of this month, let's see if I can keep at it. 

And by trying to compromise time between camp life and running, sometimes I have to really force my body, even though it is still recovering. Just like today. I am lacking behind a bit, so I did a 5k slow jog in the evening even though I had 4.8k CPFA on the same morning. This is just solely to make up for mileage and endurance. I am doing all these, because I want to get better timings. Currently, the big picture is the New Balance Real (Trail) Run. It might sound ambitious to you, but I will go on the record to say that I am aiming for a top 100 finish. That's approximately a 1:15:00 timing, at a 5min/km pace, according to past results. So I know it is not easy to get that, and that is why I'm putting in extra effort to make sure that at least I challenge for it. 

Went to QW to look for Mizuno wave rider 12 today, but was told it was already phased out. They only have the 13 now. Well, that wasn't what I was looking for, even though it was the same model. Online reviews just raved about how comfortable and efficient the rider 12 was, but I guess it wasn't lucky enough to know of it earlier. Now, I have no idea what to get. Should I just get the ultimate shoe; Asics Gel Kayano 16, or stick to other more budget friendly choices? I am fighting this dilemna. 

Same old thing tonight, gotta book in for duty tomorrow! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger