Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Sunday, January 31, 2010

End of Work!

Yo, I'm so tired now after a very long day, so gonna wrap things up quickly.

Today was the last day of work, everything went well, lucky my greatest fear (which was initially gonna happen) didn't appear if not everything will chui. Some crazy impromptu incidents happened and made me ponder about the value of me as a friend and esp a love partner, but ultimately gave me some valuable answers and now I definitely know I'm so much more experienced and confident than before. This working experience I would rate just behind my food fair experience and on par with the NTUC learning hub one...in terms of adding credibility and interest into my life.

"Cheers to the new year with Tiger Beer!
May your glass always be full!"

After work, groceried a while to prep for my dinner/supper.

So after sampling so much different foods during my short stint in IMM Giant, I decided to use some of them, specifically the Tay's Massimo chicken breast fillet and San Remo homestyle pasta sauce to create a totally new (at least to me) food item. Simply enough, my idea was to mix the both together to create like a "Pasta sauced Chicken cubes". <---No creativity there whatsoever, Lab.

Anws, headed home, defrosted the chicken for a while, then started to reheat the chicken using pan fry method. You have no idea how easy this recipe was! As the chicken was already precooked, I just had to follow instructions and pan fry each side for 1-2mins. After the chicken lost it's thick and hard shape and turned tender, I immediately poured a huge dollop of the fine Italian Pasta sauce (as instructed by one of my working buddies) and just mixed both the stuff together. I made extra effort not to over cook the sauce, so I turned off the fire immediately after adding the sauce to let it heat easily and simmer into the soft meat. And WALLA! The meal was done!

I had imagined it to be a super tasty combination, and boy was I right! Damn! The Pasta sauce and chicken just partner each other so effortlessly and perfectly. Both meat and sauce were already so flavourful individually, but when mixed together, OO LA LA! The tasle was FANTABULOUS! The meat was so succulent and juicy and together with the extra sauce (which was slightly simmered into the meat) made it even more juicy and tantalizing! Heaven man! It's really amazing how great precooked stuff, if picked correctly, can taste! And best of all, it's so simple, fast and fuss-free to make! And and and very healthy too! Hehe, I think we found a winner here guys! =)

Pix Pix!!

My stocked up frozen chicken breasts


Massimo Chicken Breast


San Remo Authentic Pasta Sauce


And the final result...

YUMMY~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**ST61 is over. I will weigh myself tml morning for the confirmed stats.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Let's list the major stuff that I've experienced over my 2 short months holiday.

  • Back troo Training!
  • Standard Chartered Maration Volunteer
  • NTUC Learning Hub Temp Staff
  • The Anchorpoint Incident
  • New Haircut
  • Kbox, Steamboat outing
  • New Specs ($208)
  • Stupid accident (Fell into drain =.=''') causing bruised shin and lacerations
  • Class outing
  • Countdown 2010!
  • This BLOG
  • Tiger Beer Promoter (again)
  • Long-D runs
  • Completed "BitterSweet" song
  • Shoes spree
Yup, that's pretty much it. Looking back, I gotta say, I'm really satisfied I completed so much of the stuff that I set out to complete. During this two months, I've learnt a hell lot of stuff regarding all aspects of life, be it friendship, love, family, uni life, physical, mental, etc etc that have morphed me into a more complete person, I'm sure. Now, I'm ready for the next phase of my life, that is ENLISTMENT. In three more days, I will step into the arena of hell called "Army" and find out how they "turn boys into men". Looking forward to dinner tomorrow!

For now, I'm off to sleep. Bed, here I come!


*On a sidenote, Man Utd whipped Arsenal 3-1 at Emirates. Boys against MEN again! HA.

QOTD: Don't try to come up with a quote when you have no idea what to come up with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger