Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Every Mood for itself

As you know by now, music is my life. No, It does not play as a big factor or that I love it so much or whatever. It's integral to my emotional well being. It's like a life cord keeping me sane. To me, music IS life. That is why I've always said the two most important things in life (to me) are Food and Music. Food is fuel for the body. Music is food for the soul. Simple enough right?

This post would look into the different types of music I listen to, and boy, do I listen to a whole lot of them! Personally, each type of music genre caters to each different emotion that I feel. That is to say, for each mood, there would be a different type of music I would listen to, to accommodate to that particular mood.

Before that, I'd like to dispel one fact about me: Metal is NOT the only music I listen to. Yes, I'm a freaking metalhead, but I do listen to other types of music from time to time.

So let me attempt to categorize mood-to-genre here...

Happy!

  • Folk/Viking metal like ensiferum, Bathory
  • Trance/Hardcore/Jumpstyle like scooter
Sad...
  • Chinese Emo Songs from Jay Chou, Tank, etc.
  • DSBM like Xasthur, Silencer
  • Ambient BM like Burzum
LOVE
  • Mandopop like Jay Chou, Tank etc.
  • English emo songs, boybands etc.
Fear
  • BM, only DMDS
  • Doom Metal like sunn 0))), Khanate
  • "Dark Metal" like Bethlehem, Silencer
  • Raw BM like Mutiilation
Sentimental
  • Dance tunes like aqua - love cartoon heroes!
  • Boyband pop like N sync, Westlife, BSB, Boyzone, Mcfly, MLTR
  • Old Mandopop
Motivational
  • Death metal, like Death (Bite the pain)
  • Epic theme songs like Hero (Mariah Carey), Time for miracles (Adam Lambert), Note to God (Charice), Time is running out (Muse), Collide (David Bowie) etc.
ANGERRRR
  • Brutal Death Metal like Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Cattle Decapitation
  • Raw BM
  • "Dark Metal"
Loneliness
  • Ambient Music like Burzum
  • Metal Instrumentals
That's probably all that I could think of now, but I'd like to spread the word that listening to music really does help when your feeling down or pissed off or anything, you know? You will feel so much better, trust me. It's like a vast canal for you to channel your feelings and emotions to. Alright, Lab signing off!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on "St 61"

Workouts: Pull ups training, 800m LISS, 1.8km HIIT, stair climbing

Nutrition: Pretty Clean, self cook, will cheat a bit on milk tea, etc

Day one, day two...and day three is going to be over soon! Major workouts done, lacking in minor stuff like pushup training and HIIT (anaerobic). Kinda running short of time due to recovery period. Will try to make up during weekends.

QOTD: When it's cold, and when it's dark...the moon can obsess you!
-Per Yngve Ohlin aka "Dead"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger