Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Monday, August 9, 2010

National Day!

Uh...

I might have been captured on 'live' tv looking blur just now. I saw this peach on top left the screen, a small white speck, somewhat resembling a head, yet quite distinguishable cos' it was the freaking MP helmet! Suddenly my instincts told me, oh my, that is ME?! 3 seconds later, I did the dumbest thing I could do by shaking my head left and right to see whether it was really me. and WHAT DID YOU KNOW, the MP captured in that instant, on the humongous screen, mimicked my movements exactly; IE---THAT WAS ME. I just showed the whole Singapore my stupid little act of uncertainty and "blur like sotong" look. How smart, huh? But lucky for me it's just a speck of my head amongst the sea of other images like the crowd, the parade commander, the lance guards, the ministers, so it's not so bad. Still, if given a chance I'd wish the damn screen wasn't so bright so that I could clearly see myself, in order to act more Zai instead of looking blur la...  

Then the deployment timing today was quite screwed, cos' we did longer, way longer than normal timing. My whole body felt cramped up after my shift man! Someway during the extended period I even thought that the shift B's were deployed for other areas due to contingency plans and we'd have to tank the ENTIRE PARADE!!!

Heh, but overall, nothing beats the sheer adrenaline rush when you hear the live crowd and see the performances on National events like this. Sure, NDP is over, but this once-in-a-lifetime moment will be engraved onto our memories forever. 

And with the end of NDP signifys the end of an era. Like they say, all good things must come to an end. And it will. No longer will there be Monday offs, Friday half day offs, or what we loved to call, "4.5 days work week". No longer will OD be 'pushed until further notice'. No longer will we be immune to mounting. Basically, the free and easy life is OVER. 

And just so conveniently, reality hits me in the head like a brick wall. NDP just ended tonight, and tomorrow, we Istana guys will be deployed again for NDR, while others enjoy their offs. Then, I will have to stay in after that, cos' I will be starting my Istana duties the day after. Can't get any worse, can it? YES it can. Thursday, guess what? I-P-P-T. Individual Physical Proficiency Test. IN MY FACE. .....And to end the week of 'beautifully' , Friday I'll have to go back to Istana to mount. Again. 

Haha, someone up there is laughing at me and saying, "Welcome to life man!"

Sheesh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger