Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Serious Training Commences.

Counting down to SCSM...99 days. Oh yea, I am glad to say that I'm almost guaranteed to run SCSM this year! It took me some time and nerves to secure a deal with a slot seller, but in the end the transaction was done! So hopefully nothing goes wrong, and I will actually be able to complete a full marathon this year...! However, the worst that could happen is that I might kena shift/COG/ or whatever and have to be recalled, that would be F***ed up to the MAX. I don't want to think about it now. 

Still feeling the pain and aches from my hellacious 24 km run a few days ago. Some people might be right in saying I'm jumping too far from 15 to 24, but srsly, it's my life, my body and no matter what they say, only I know my body and my capabilities BEST and I will not succumb to feed their egos. 

Tomorrow is quite special, the whole MPEU is going for out camp run! So the venue is already confirmed -- West Coast Park. Awesome la, so bloody near my house haha. I hope I can recover till' around 70% so that I can enjoy the run tml. Since the exterior of WCP is only 5k, I'm guessing they will do 2 rounds for 10k. Or could they come up with more interesting routes? I don't think so, we will see tml. 

Ha...yea, since now I already regard myself as 'participating in SCSM', I am going to focus on a real, scheduled pre-marathon training already. I'm definitely going to have to incorporate speed, LSD, strength training etc instead of doing Long-d all the time. The most important thing for me is the timing. I have an aim in mind.

Yea, the people will say, "Hey, it's only your first marathon, just aim to finish it! That is good enough." But 'good enough' isn't good enough for me. Yea, first marathon and all, but to me, it's pathetic to even join a marathon if you don't look to complete within a respectable timing. 

I hope for a sub-four hours timing, but after calculations, I realised I'd have to run nearly at 2.4 pace which is impossible?! So the proper training is very very essential right now. 

Up there, help me please. Don't let any camp stuff or Istana duty clash with my personal goals. THANK YOU! The countdown has begun...Let's start training~!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger