Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Monday, August 16, 2010

Two months...Let's countdown.

I really really really really really really REALLY can't wait to run my first race in two more months. The wait is killing me! And right now I'm watching "The Spirit of the Marathon", which is making me anticipate even more. The nagging feeling than I will most probably not run SCSM this year is seriously demoralizing; I'm still clinging on the the slim chance that someone will offer their place to me, however improbable. 

Makes me want to run even more. Speaking about running more. Yea. I was talking bout' this yesterday. Today's freaking CPFA was supposed to kill me, but luckily it was too slack. Too slack haha. Once again, we were unsure of how long to run, then out of a sudden the 3SG just told us, hey, "you guys are running 10k." Like wtf. I'm dead, my worst fear is happening. However, as things are in MPEU, things always change. So, instead of 10k, a gang of us just did what, 4.8k and stopped. I was genuinely feeling the fatigue. Others...well, let's just say they had their reasons.  

Today is another half day off (Shiok), but the whole of the next week is going to be quite tough again. Let's see..

Tue (No off): 8 - 5 do nothing, have to book in by 2230 and stay in 

Wed: Mount, can go home

Thurs (No off): 8 - 5 do nothing, can go home

Fri (No off): Run, 8 - 5 do nothing, have to book in by 2230 stay in

Sat: Mount, STAY IN   

Sun: Mount, STAY IN

Mon: Mount!!!

Holy shit. Sat-Sun-Mon combo is gonna kill me, I swear. I am definitely not used to this life yet la. No wonder the lao jiaos all say first few months will be xiong. Of course la, no offs to clear, and need to adjust to standing at Istana. How do I survive. 

Where is my freaking NDP off? How useful it'd be if I can clear it asap, like on thursday? Argh... Let's hope somebody change shift with me such that I can pia mounting in one shot instead of doing alternate days...now I truly understand the punishing schedule of having to do alternate days.!

I don't know when I can do my next long-d.(SUCKS MAN!) My schedule is thoroughly packed this week. But by the next run, I'll already have broken 20k, this is something I must promise myself. Seeing my buddies working so hard to achieve their individuals goals has definitely spurred me on the push even further. And Facebook of course, my number one source of motivation. >=(

*Edit

Omg, just found out this morning that 2.4km run first place was not 9:27, but 9:11!!! Does this mean that my timing is lower than 9:35 also??! OMG I'm so excited to know my timing I just wet my pants! (Not.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger