Just like a rifle without it's bolt carrier and bullets. The potential within it is unquestioned, and when the parts are assembled together, this 'toy' turns into an invincible weapon. We just have to find our 'bolt carrier' and 'bullets' to fulfill our potential... -Your's Truly

Saturday, July 24, 2010

First >10k Run

Today's run was quite nice, everything was ok. No crappy side stitch, leg cramps or whatsoever. Managed to break the 10k and completed around 12k. Lousy timing, but never mind, as long as I completed it. Weather was quite shite though, but don't expect breezy winds when you are running at around 12 pm. 

This was the route I took, quite a smooth, obstacle free and direct route. The lure of me getting home after U-turning at lakeside was strong enough to push me all the way back. Must get a good pair of running shoes and tights for the actual marathon though, as I'm starting to feel the effects of inadequate and inept equipment for my runs. 


Went to expo today to accompany CH for his savings plan. I don't know what people are thinking, but for me, I am not ready for this kind of decision yet. I understood absolutely nothing from the explanation of plans and stuff from the overachiever (the financial adviser). Am I jealous? Maybe. Do I want to be like him? No. I want to be better than people like this. Yes, laugh at your own peril. But we will see in the future. 

I JUNKED-FOODED TODAY VERY VERY BADLY!!! But it was shiok la...don't matter cos' I did the 12 km run haha...

Hmm, should I do the Newton Run?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger